Holy Cross Province Laudato Sí Action Platform Pledge
As Catholics and as Passionists, we have been asked by Pope Francis to seek the change of heart that is required to make the actions of the Laudato Sí Action Platform part of our daily lives. What Pope Francis asks of us is a “profound interior conversion” leading us toward a future in which “all people can prosper personally and economically in harmony with the gifts God has given us in nature.”
We invite the members of our Passionist family to join us, along with the global Catholic community, in this endeavor. In proclaiming the Passion of Jesus as the greatest sign of God’s love and seeking to serve the crucified of today, we believe our mission as Passionists resonates deeply with the vision, principles and fundamental concerns of Laudato Sí.
The International Passionist Congregation and Holy Cross Province pledge to participate in the Laudato Sí Action Platform called for by Pope Francis. As part of making this pledge, we support, embrace and commit to the implementation of the plan of action to address the
- Cry of the Earth,
- Cry of the poor,
- Ecological economics,
- Adoption of simple lifestyles,
- Ecological education,
- Ecological spirituality, and
- Community engagement and participatory action.
December 2, 2021 – Laudato Sí Action Platform Launch event.
1:00 pm, Eastern
12:00 pm, Central
10:00 am, Pacific
The event is being held online via Zoom. Click here to register.
Laudato Sí Action Platform Documents
- Letter from Superior General – English
- Letter from Superior General – Spanish
- Holy Cross Province Commitment
- Session 1 – English
- Session 1 – Spanish
Below are a few ways you can live Laudato Sí in your daily life:
- Read Pope Francis’ encyclical, Laudato Sí.
- Visit the Passionist Congregation’s website.
- Visth the Laudato Si Action Platform website.
- Visit the Passionist Earth & Spirit Center’s website.
- Visit the Passionist Solidarity Network (PSN) website.
- Sign up to receive the PSN newsletter
- Visit the website of the Conference of the Major Superiors of Men (CMSM) and their statement on the Care of Creation.
- Visit the National Catholic Register’s blog: Four Ways to Implement Laudato Sí.
- Visit the websites of Global Catholic Climate Movement for The Laudato Sí Pledge,
and Catholic Climate Covenant for the U.S. Catholic Climate Declaration.
Learn about Human trafficking. Visit: